Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Killer Takes All

Killer Takes All by Erica Spindler: Book CoverSynopsis




When a friend is found brutally murdered in her new Orleans apartment, former homicide detective Stacy Killian has reason to believe her death is related to the cultish fantasy role-playing game White Rabbit. The game is dark, violent--and addictive



As a former member of the Dallas police force, Stacy was exposed to more than her share of the horrors of crime. Moving to New Orleans was her attempt to pursue a quieter life. But her friend's murder plunges her back into the role that she fled--especially after she meets Spencer Malone, the homicide detective assigned to the murder case. Stacy doubts the overconfident rookie is up to the task and vows to track down the killer herself.



Her investigation draws her into the privileged circle of White Rabbit's brilliant creator, Leo Noble., a man with many dark secrets in his past...a man whose life has the same frightening surreal quality of the game he invented.



As the bodies mount and the game is taken to the next level, Stacy and Spencer are forced to work together. Soon they are trapped in the terrifying world of a game gone made where Leo Noble and all the people around him are suspect, cryptic notes foretell the next victim and no one--no one--is safe.



Because White Rabbit is more than a game. It's more real than life and death. And anyone can die before the final moment when the game is over...and killer takes all.

My Thoughts
I found this story to be very interesting.
As always when you read about people who find out the person they think they can trust or help is the one causing all the problems, it is scary to say the least. Thank God it is fiction.
I haven't heard alot about these kinds of games so it was all new to me. I felt it was written well and will read more of her books.

3 comments:

Marjorie/cenya2 said...

I have read a lot of Erica Spindler's books and I have yet
to be disappointed in anyone.
This one was an excellent read.

Lori said...

Thanks, Marjorie- I will be reading more of her also.

Angie Simmonds said...

Yay! I didn't know you were still book blogging! I was justcleaning up some of my favorites and clicked on yours and found out you were still posting. I was so excited! (You should add an email subscription button so I can get your posts delivered right to my inbox.) I have read several of Erica Spindler's books and she never disappoints!